Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Iraq combat operations ceased. Struggle still not over.

     With the draw down of combat operations in Iraq, I do not feel as if we should celebrate. We still have about 50,000 troops in Iraq as advise and assist assets. I feel as though we have not put enough effort into the war in Afghanistan and put pressure on Pakistan.

     In case anybody has forgotten why we are fighting, I would like to remind you of September 11, 2001. The day the sick, preverted, and disgusting Islamic extremists attacked America. Do you remember the many innocent civilians burning to death as they jumped out of windows so they could be spared the torture of flame? What about the many rescue workers who gave their lives at the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and in PA. I do. I strongly disagree with President Obama's and Joe Biden's plan to withdraw troops by July 2011. In fact I think we should expand the war effort in Afghanistan and put more pressure on Al-Qaeda. We need to put economic pressure on pakistan and help them crackdown on Al-Qaeda sypathizers to root them out and destroy their leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment